directly to Head of Commercial Banking Market Risk, this is an exciting
Deputy Head role for a challenge hungry Market Risk Oversight Manager.
provide oversight of divisional risk functions with the objective of
ensuring risk management continues to meet the requirements of the
Group, regulatory authorities and the standards of industry best
- To provide risk management and assistance to
divisional risk functions to ensure Market Risk management remains fit
for purpose as Commercial Banking expands into new products and new
- Ability to drill down to product level and measure risk on individual non traded market risk products
provide assurance as to the accuracy and relevance of risk measures as
reported at the Group level and externally, and to ensure divisions
remain at all times within delegated ALM/market risk limits.
work proactively with Commercial Banking division in support of the
above and, in particular, to sit on divisional ALCOs and to work
closely with divisional risk teams.
- To contribute to the continuing development of Group policies on the management of ALM/market risk
- Sound theoretical and practical understanding of ALM and market risk management.
- Experience of products and services within retail and commercial product risk.
- Experience of Basel II / RWA Constraints / Counterparty Risk
- Track record of management experience in this area.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to market/ALM risk.
- Understanding/experience of market risk in a trading/Treasury environment