If you don’t like surprise’s when it comes to your interest
repayments. then why not protect yourself against possible rate rises by
fixing your home loan rate.
At Community First, we provide fixed rate home loan terms from 1 to 3
Features and benefits
- No annual fees
- No account keeping fees
- 100% offset account attached
- Redraw available with no minimum redraw amount
- Ability to make additional repayments
- Available for owner occupied or investment purposes
- Maximum LVR of 80% (or 95% with Lenders Mortgage Insurance)
- Option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments
- Reverts to Standard Variable rate at the end of the fixed period
with the ability to select a further fixed term
- Maximum loan term of 30 years
View our current home loan interest
rates and fees
Compare all of our home loan features
our Q&A section on home loans
Lock in your rate at application with our rate lock option
When applying for a fixed home loan, you have the option of locking
in the fixed interest rate that is current at the conditional approval
stage, for a maximum period of 90 days. This means that even if our
fixed interest rates change between the date of conditional approval and
funding, you will still receive the interest rate current at the
conditional approval stage (unless the rate at funding is lower).
The rate lock fee is $500 or 0.15% of the loan amount, whichever is
higher. If you request a rate lock fee, you will be charged the fee when
your loan is conditionally approved and your rate is locked in.
How to apply for a Rate Lock
- If you apply for your home loan via a Store: print our Rate lock fee form> and forward it to the Community
First Store where you submit your loan application.
- If you apply by phone or online, print our Rate lock fee form> and fax it to 02 9735
1661 or post it to Community First Credit Union, PO Box 98,
Lidcombe NSW 1825.
Why choose Community First for your home loan?
When you take out a home loan and become a Member of Community First,
you will be eligible for a Member
Allowance which rewards you, for the more business you have with
Community First. It's our way of helping our Members minimise or even
avoid paying fees and charges.
For example, if you take out a $100,000 mortgage, we will grant you
$27 worth of free transactions per month on your Community First
transaction account, should you choose to have one. Additional rebates
can be gained by Members when they hold further products such as credit
cards and insurance